Are you having trouble resetting your Google Home Mini? Or do you simply not know how to reset your Google Home Mini? We have the answer to your question! Keep on reading.
How Do I Reset My Google Mini?
There are two ways to fix a Google Home Mini speaker device for if your device has stopped working.
The first option is to perform a factory reset. This means that the device will revert back to its default factory settings.
The second option is for you to reboot your Google Home Mini. The advantage of rebooting a device is that it can fix several issues, without you having to delete all of your data by resetting the device to its default factory settings.
Factory Reset Google Home Mini
Before we start the reset process, you must know that you cannot use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset your Google Home Mini.
To factory reset your Google Home Mini (1st gen) device you will have to press and hold the factory reset button that is located below the power cord on the bottom of the Home Mini. The button looks like a circle that is etched into the base of the device. After 5 seconds it will start the factory reset process. In total, you must hold the reset button for 15 seconds or until you hear a sound, that confirms that the device is resetting.
Step By Step Guide On How To Hard Reset A Google Home Mini
Easy step by step guide.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of the Google Home Mini. The button looks like a circle.
- Push and hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds you will hear a sound, signaling that the factory reset process has started and that the device is resetting.
That is it! You have successfully reset a Google Home Mini.
How To Reboot A Google Home Mini
There are two methods to reboot a Google Home Mini. The first method is to unplug the device. The second method is rebooting via the Google Home app.
Step By Step Guide On How To Reboot A Google Home Mini
Easy step by step guide for rebooting your device via unplugging.
- Unplug the power cord from your device.
- Leave the Google Home Mini unplugged for at least 1 minute.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Easy step by step guide for rebooting your device via the Google Home App.
- Make sure that your mobile, tablet, etcetera is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Google Home Mini.
- Open the Google Home App.
- Tap your device and go to Settings.
- Then press the “More” button (which is represented by a icon with three dots).
- The last step is to press the Reboot option.
Those were the two simple and easy methods to reboot your speaker device.
The next step is to connect a Google Home device to WiFi.